Monday 16 March 2015

The Big Holiday - Warkworth

Warkworth, New Zealand - photo taken from the Warkworth website


[Well, I messed up on this post and published it before you were supposed to see it, so I hope none of you got that earlier blog, particularly those who subscribe by email. I panicked and deleted the entry immediately, so now I will have to write it all again from scratch. Stupid me!]

Anyway, at this point Lena and I will have spent two days in Singapore en route from Zurich and are now staying at my brother's home in Warkworth, New Zealand. What a life! I hope that by now we have recovered a bit from our jet-lag so that we can enjoy the rest of our holiday to the full.

Tomorrow, we start our two-week tour of New Zealand, covering North and South islands, with a company called Relaxing Journeys. I think the name must be a bit of a joke, as I'm sure it won't be so relaxing due to the amount of ground we have to cover.

I'm not complaining, though, as I want to see as much as possible on this once-in-a-lifetime holiday. The trip is grandly called the Splendour tour;  I'm sure the grandeur primarily comes from the wonderful NZ countryside.

It's been a long-time ambition of mine to go to New Zealand, so it will be exciting finally to be there and to do the tour.




1 comment: