Monday 5 April 2021

El Andalous - More Parties

 

View from the Rooftop

Happy Easter! By the time you read this, I’ll be in the middle of a trip to the Western Deserts of Egypt. Hopefully, I’ll be having a good time, but I’m not sure I’ll have internet and even if I do, I won’t have time to write my blog, so here’s one I prepared earlier….

I thought I’d write a blog, even though, apparently, one of my most visited blogs is entitled “blog holiday” where I didn’t write anything at all. Ho hum.

Anyway, before I left, I’d had a fairly busy month of parties (yes, even in this time of coronavirus). I’ve already talked about a housewarming party, and our beach party, but then there was also a birthday party. Actually, the housewarming party was also a birthday party, but the other party I'm talking about now was dedicated solely to the birthday. I’m not mentioning the name as I’m not sure she would want that. There have been a ton of birthdays in March. Happy birthday to all readers with birthdays in March!

But the important thing is that she had a party! Woo hoo! This one was held on the rooftop of El Andalous. It’s really stunning up there and I’ve posted photos on several occasions, I’m sure. But I probably won’t be able to resist posting yet another one on this blog.

Theresa did all the catering and as usual she did a great job (and thanks to our host for paying for it and organizing and probably loads of other stuff that I’m not even thinking about). We had salads, chicken, pizza, wraps, and CAKE.

There were birthday balloons and birthday streamers, so those emojis on FaceBook of balloons and streamers are really appropriate. And beer and wine were flowing, of course.

Around eighteen of us took part in the festivities. Alexa played us any music we requested (but, shock horror, Alexa did not recognise Mohammed Ramadan’s 'Coronavirus'). We had a little area to dance in. Actually, the roof is huge, so technically we had a huge space to dance in, but we settled for the region  at the edge of the roof where the music was playing.

It was a super evening. I knew everyone there and people moved around from group to group. These events where we get together are always so nice. And we all end up remarking how blessed we are to be here where curfew is at midnight rather than in Europe at this time.

Fingers crossed that the more infectious variants don’t land in Egypt (if they’re here, they have yet to be detected in the hospitals) as I’m sure things could change very quickly. Having said that, even just having sunshine and blue sky every day is a blessing, not to mention that it’s a free source of vitamin D.  On the other hand, I hate saying this, as it feels like I’m tempting fate. Watch me come back from my trip now and eat my words


No comments:

Post a Comment