Thursday 22 May 2014

Sahl Hasheesh - Snorkelling at the Tropitel

Tropitel Pier - Come on In!

Surgeonfish

Apart from my snorkelling trip to Abu Hasheesh and on Jac’s birthday to Paradise, most of my snorkelling has been whilst swimming either at Palm Beach or at El Andalous beach. Actually, I don’t even really snorkel – I swim with my goggles on and put my head in the water as I go along. I’m getting quite adept at holding my breath.

However, when Tom and Kath visit, they usually go snorkelling at the Tropitel over on the other side of the bay from El Andalous, so I joined them and others on a couple of occasions. We got a buggy to take us there and back.

The Tropitel has a lovely pier with sunbeds. You can climb down the steps at the end and swim along the reef either side. For those not wishing to be out in the open sea, there’s also a lagoon fed by the sea and bordered by coral. It’s not so deep there, so the water’s warmer. As is so true of all of Sahl Hasheesh, the water has many beautiful shades of blue.

I recommend it as a place to go for a change of scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment