Monday 25 December 2017

Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe

Carbet Falls Guadeloupe

I’m still alive and well – eating rather too much but wishing I could eat more without detriment!

Today (Sunday) was a trip through the rain forest to the Carbet Falls; it’s 24th December, so many people celebrate Christmas today rather than tomorrow. Apparently, in Guadeloupe they eat goat on 24th December, plus many vegetables and beans. There’s also a potent and sweet orange liqueur that they drink only at this time of year. The guide said twice that it was very strong!

I have a busy day tomorrow, Christmas Day. I’m booked on a railway tour round St Kitts on a train with an open upper-deck and wicker chairs on the bottom. Sounds fun. After that it’s straight onto the beach for “Caviar in the surf” followed by a beach barbecue, and then I assume I’ll be swimming or snorkeling. It all sounds good to me.

Thank you for reading my blog (I should have reminded you all to buy some of my “25 New Year’s Resolutions – For Cats/Dogs/Fish!” books as Christmas presents, but never mind!) – wishing everyone who is reading this a very Merry Christmas (if applicable) and in any case health and happiness in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment